Welcome to the Escuela Viva Family!
We are so thrilled that you have decided to join the Escuela Viva family.
Now that you have joined the Escuela Viva family here are a few pieces of information that will be useful for you and your family:
- Ensure that you have received a “Welcome Email” from the director or administration confirming your child’s schedule. Once spots are filled it will be very difficult to accommodate changes, unless your changes correspond with changes requested by another family.
- Your deposit becomes non-refundable once you have accepted your child’s spot at Escuela Viva. This deposit assures us that you will be enrolling your child and we assure you that we will have space in our school as promised. Your deposit goes towards your child’s last month at Escuela Viva and will be credited as such. In the very unlikely event that we do not have the space as we have promised, the school will at that time refund your deposit in full.
- About a month and half before your child is to start at Escuela Viva we will contact you to set up play dates. These play dates are designed to allow your child to get to know the teachers, the children and the routines of Escuela Viva. Usually there are two play dates with the accompaniment of an adult, an hour to 2 hours each. Please do let us know if there are other arrangements that will make your child’s transition smoother.
- Enrollment paperwork is available here for ease of use. If you need hard copies please do contact the director: firstname.lastname@example.org or 503 282 2091. Please do let us know if you have any questions. It is also very important that you bring the parent questionnaire to the first play date (or sooner by mail or email) so that the teachers have some time to learn a little about you, your child and your family.
- Emergency Authorization Form
- Authorization to Pick-up Form
- Dental Health Consent Form
- Parent Questionnaire (Infant/Toddler)
- Parent Questionnaire (Preschool/Kindergarten)
- Key Agreement
- Immunization Form 2015– you must transfer your immunization records onto this form.
- PARENT HANDBOOK
- Ages and Stages Questionnaire (ASQ) – all families are required to fill out and turn in an ASQ for their child within the first 30 days of enrollment. If filling out an ASQ online presents any difficulties for your family, you may request a hard copy from us. It is ONLY necessary to fill out the ASQ at this time, you may skip filling out the ASQ-SE at this time (unless of course you are curious and want to fill one out).In the event that you forget your tuition amount, (click here) for current tuition amounts
- What to bring checklists for the first day of school:
- Other Forms and Documents:
Escuela Viva’s Commitment to Multicultural Anti-Bias Attitudes and Practices
Escuela Viva is a dual language school where we, as a family, teach, model and foster confidence, compassion, creative learning, healthy living, and community membership. We all work together to create a supportive atmosphere of inclusivity, growth, and mindfulness.
We at Escuela Viva aim to serve all children and families, and create a safe and comfortable place to understand and celebrate differences. As a teaching community, we embrace diversity, encourage each other’s ability to confront and counteract bias, and provide resources and ongoing trainings that assist our early childhood professionals in working toward that end. Diversity includes but is not limited to: race, ethnic background, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, and differing physical conditions.
Escuela Viva will not tolerate, and will act swiftly to combat, any discriminatory statements or practices by or among staff, families, or those within our community.
Inclement Weather Policy
In the event of inclement weather conditions stay tuned to your local news as we follow Portland Public School schedule. Our families and staff live in different parts of the Portland/Vancouver metro area so even if the weather in your neighborhood does not seem to be inclement weather we will still follow the Portland Public School schedule. If they are on 2 hour delay we will open at 10 a.m. for all students. If they are closed we are closed all day. We will update our voice mails as soon as we are able with delay or closure information. You can also find out about PPS closure notifications on the major news stations as well as online at one of the following websites:
Multnomah Early Childhood Program (MECP) – early intervention resources and more
September is National Preparedness Month, an annual campaign to encourage Americans to prepare for emergencies and disasters. The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recently developed and released an updated AAP Family Readiness Kit. The purpose of the kit is to assist families to get disaster-ready. Consider sharing this kit with families as a way to encourage families in planning for emergencies. The AAP Family Readiness Kit is attached to this email. It can also be found by visiting this link: www.aap.org/en-us/Documents/disasters_family_readiness_kit.pdf.